2020 is nearly done and we look forward to 2021 with all of you. Each and every day, we have been inspired by the commitment of our members to their clients and to the values of fairness and justice.
We wanted to take a moment to reflect on some of the most-viewed videos and most-read blog posts that AILA has released this tumultuous year. We’ve covered everything from the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on every aspect of your practices, to racial justice and diversity and inclusion, to the presidential proclamations gutting immigration, to the havoc wreaked on asylum policy, to the power of congressional oversight, and so much more. Our members and staff have created these resources to share insights and information. As you head into 2021, we take a last look at what garnered the most viewers or readers this year:
For videos, the top spot for YouTube views (as opposed to views directly from Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn) belongs to AILA Quicktake #289 – Presidential Proclamation Blocks Entry of Certain Immigrants and Nonimmigrants. Close behind was AILA Quicktake #281 – The New H-1B Registration Tool and #3 was AILA Quicktake #280 – Update on the Public Charge Rule. From there we moved on to a varied set of topics, rounding out the top videos with:
- AILA Quicktake #291 – USCIS Issues Guidance on DACA Implementing DHS Memo
- AILA’s Top Resources: The 2020 Virtual Annual Conference
- Congressional Hearing on Oversight of USCIS: AILA Director of Government Relations Testifies
- AILA Quicktake #297: New Rule Creates Wage-Based Selection Process for H-1B Visas
- It’s Time for Immigration Court Reform
Remember, if you don’t want to miss any of our videos in the new year, you can subscribe to our Youtube Channel!
On AILA’s blog, Think Immigration this year, the most read blog posts kick off with a post from February by Kara Hart: Form I-944, Declaration of Self-Sufficiency? More Like an Administrative Strip Search. Close behind was Peter Choi’s: The Green Card Process Through the Lens of a DMV Visit. And rounding out the top 3 is USCIS Hypocrisy Reaches New Levels by AILA Asylum Committee Chair Dree Collopy and Vice Chair Lindsay Harris.
We also had strong readership of the following:
- No End in Sight: A New Analysis Shows USCIS Case Processing Backlog Keeps Growing by Ben Johnson
- Do Not Pass Go, Do Not Collect $1 Billion Dollars Without Changes at USCIS by Sharvari Dalal-Dheini (whose congressional testimony was one of the top videos listed above!)
- The Administration is Weaponizing COVID-19 to End Immigration by Ira Kurzban
- Big-Picture, Clean-Slate Immigration Reforms for the Biden-Harris Administration by Angelo A. Paparelli and Stephen Yale-Loehr
- Stooping To A New Low – USCIS Statement Throws Constitution Out the Window by Matthew Maiona
And the top practice-management related blog post of the year was, drumroll please, Business Continuity Planning: Immigration Law Practice in the Era of COVID-19 by Ruby Powers
Thank you for watching, reading, and sharing this year – we look forward to 2021!