Looking back over the past year on this last day of 2019, one can see the commitment and dedication of our 15,000+ members on display each and every day. From litigation to education, from remote work to in-person efforts at the border, it is inspiring to see the impact our members have had.
We wanted to take a moment to reflect on some of the most-viewed videos and most-read blog posts that AILA has released this year. We’ve covered everything from the cataclysmic changes in asylum policy to H-1Bs, from the swift end and then reinstatement of non-military deferred action to family detention and so much more. Our members and staff cover the gamut; as you head into 2020, we encourage you to take a look at some of these publicly available resources!
For videos, the top spot belongs to USCIS Resumes Accepting Non-Military Deferred Action Requests ( also in the top grouping were two more related to this topic, AILA Quicktake #274 – USCIS Eliminates Non-Military Deferred Action and House Committee Investigates USCIS Policy Change on Non-Military Deferred Action)
Other videos garnering the most attention this year were:
- AILA Quicktake #264 – White House Releases a Presidential Memorandum on Asylum
- Congress Issues Bipartisan Call for USCIS Accountability
- AILA Quicktake #273 – DHS Posts Final Public Charge Rule in the Federal Register
- AILA Quicktake #258 – USCIS Delays Reach Crisis Levels.
And if you don’t want to miss any of our videos in the new year, you can subscribe to our Youtube Channel!
On AILA’s blog, Think Immigration this year, the most interesting blog posts (based solely on number of readers) were:
- How to Shrink the USCIS Backlog in One Minute or Less by Jason Boyd (also near the top by Jason Boyd were USCIS Acknowledges Own Policies Compound Case Processing Delays as well as USCIS Processing Delays Soared While Applications Fell)
- Agency Delays Enact the Administration’s Immigration Agenda by Sandra Feist
- Thinking Beyond the Border When U.S. Immigration Hurdles Arise by Roman Zelichenko and Michelle LePage
- The TN Visa – a Reality Check by Kathleen Campbell Walker (published in 2018, it’s the only blog post to break the top 10 with such evergreen appeal!)
- What Do You Mean I’m Not a U.S. Citizen? by Tracie Klinke
As we look ahead to 2020, we are committed to bringing you the latest analysis through our blog posts and videos. Thank you for watching and reading!